So Many Opinion's.....

Friday, April 10, 2009 Edit This 1 Comment »


Why is it that we (I will include myself) ALWAYS have an opinion about something? In particular when it comes to other people's lives.... I try to keep mine to myself unless someone asks, and even then it's hard to give depending on what it is (or if I'm angry or feeling like being a jerk :) ... Anyway, this is on my mind because I've been particularly sensitive to the opinions that others have of me and the things I do.

I guess when I share things (which, I need to not share so much) I need to tell people that I'm not telling them for them to give me their opinion (judgement/negative opinion), but for their support.

Folks seem to always have opinions about where I go and how I spend my time. How I spend my money. About my weight. About my diet. About my exercise. About my not really going to church right now. About my hair. etc. And to be honest...... I think I need to encourage folk in the way that my mom used to encourage me... If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all." I mean really, unless, I'm about to kill myself, I no longer give people permission to give me their opinion, however I do grant permission to encourage me and not judge me and I give permission to speak to me in love and concern. But your opinions? You can keep em and in turn I guess I will have to work hard to do the same. (even if it hurts) I realize this is a challenge so I am giving out free passes. :)

1 What's on Your Write Mind?:

Anonymous said...

Opinions are like butts and everyone has an opinion whether we care to hear it or not. Much like yourself, I only offer my opinion when asked and not a minute sooner; I think that is a respect thing from me to others.

In the end you can only do what is best for you regardless. Who cares who doesn't support your decisions in life? It's your life and if you are satisfied with how you live it, then that's all that counts.