Simply the Best!

Sunday, February 28, 2010 Edit This 1 Comment »

The whole notion of what it means to be the best has been on my mind for the past couple of months and was my main focus during the lent season. On a daily basis I've been looking at what it means to me as it relates to work, and in my personal life. I've ask myself questions like: "are you doing your best?" "is your best a personal best or can you compare your best to others?" It was hard to shake the thought, what it meant and the lessons I was supposed to get out of it.

I guess one of the important things that I've come to realize is that giving my best everyday is less about a competition but about running my own race. There will be times of competition, however, it's about me pouring my all into everything I do when it comes to work, my health, my relationships etc.

I was speaking with someone who is sort of like a mentor, and she said that being the best to her was about personal integrity, about giving her all and about not taking advantage of opportunities to slack off. I think that that really summed it all up for me and I pull from what she said when I feel the desire to slack off (which is often) :)

1 What's on Your Write Mind?:

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.