Neglecting My 1st Love and My Recent Adventure

Monday, October 11, 2010 Edit This 2 Comments »
I've had this blog for over 5 years and I'm sad to say that I been neglecting my first love for no good reason. Today my sister friend Sara actually asked me if I shared some pics of a recent adventure I went on on my blog and it encouraged me to start posting here more regularly so here I am. I should also let you know that I contribute to two other blogs Back on the Wagon (Again) and The Online Dating Dilemma and sometimes one gets a little more attention than the other.

Anyway, my recent adventure was to the Sandy Spring Adventure Park. I wanted to go because I'm afraid of heights and I'm seeking to overcome it. I will say that it was a GREAT 1st start. I did much better than I thought I would, and my fear, well, was more so in my head than the heart thumping outta my chest type. Although I didn't finish the course, I would totally do it again. I should also mention that when I got to the 1st zip line I punked out for about 30 minutes. I let 12 people go in front of me (all while helping them no less) and had one of the workers come and attempt to rescue me before I decided to just take the plunge. He was mighty ticked at me but I will say that the rescue was a lot more scary than doing the zip line. I'm glad I did it actually, and to be honest, when I was done, I wanted to do it again. I'm sure there is some deep spiritual lesson in all of this and when I am able to communicate it I just may. :)








2 What's on Your Write Mind?:

Bilynda said...

Proud of you. I have similar issues and finally did it myself. Jarrid has been trying to get me out on the Brooklyn Bridge but I freak every time. Maybe when you are home we can go together. Ok maybe you first.

Sandy said...

thanks momma!!!! we can go together... we can hold hands and skip...lol