Reading is Fundamental. It really is.

Monday, October 25, 2010 Edit This 0 Comments »
This past week, I had the pleasure of volunteering with RIF at one of the schools in my neighborhood. I feel like its been a while since I've made myself useful and it felt good. The kids were quite cute (I had second graders) and quite fidgety (like I was at that age). I read them two books. One titled Sunflowers and the other called The little Duck. I asked them a ton of questions about the books and even though it didn't seem like they were paying that much attention they were on it with answering the questions.

I met some cool people that work for RIF and for the After school Alliance and I got to be in the presence of that interesting blue character at the top, who they affectionately call Riffington. Even though the kids of today sometimes make me nervous I did a great job interacting with the kids and look forward to the next opportunity. Doing this read aloud with the kids made me realize that there is more to this often self centered life I live. Hopefully this will spark a fire in me to do more.




0 What's on Your Write Mind?: